Ericsson MINI LINK SP 110 and 310 COMMISSIONING GUIDE:
In this article we will explain how to commission Ericsson minilink SP110 & 310, in 20 easy steps you will learn how to commission SP110 & 310.
Accessing mini link SP through O&M Port using mini link CRAFT
ML-SP310 : Connect PC to O&M port via LAN cable
ML-SP110 : Connect PC to USB port via USB cable or to O&M port via LAN cable
Configure your laptop network setting as shown in picture.
Accessing ML-SP through O&M Port using CLI
Connect PC to O&M port via LAN cable as shown in picture above.
Putty configuration for SP110 & 310
Configure CLI software (putty recommended) as shown in picture.
1. Log on to the MINI-LINK Craft with the proper user account.
2. Click Equipment > Commissioning Wizard
3. Click Basic Setup on the left navigation bar to open the page above.
4. Configure the Native Name and Owner for the NE information.
5. Click User Management… to configure the user information on the NE User Management page.
6. Click Next to continue the configuration.
7. Click Time Setup on the left navigation bar to open the page below.
8. Choose a date and time for the NE:
• No change
• Synchronize to Workstation Time
• Synchronize to Time Protocol Server
Note: A Network Time Protocol (NTP) server is required, and its IP should be available.
9. Click Next to continue the configuration.
10. Click Shelf on the left navigation bar to open the page below.
11. Type the Description, select the Expected Mode for the three slots, and then enable or disable the Alarm Reporting as needed.
12. Click Next to continue the configuration.
To perform the port setup, perform the following steps:
13. Click Expected Port Modes on the left navigation bar to open the page below.
14. Select a specific slot page, and configure the Administrative Status, Description (optional), and Capability as needed.
15. Click Next to open the Port Interface Modules page as below.
16. For each expected port in Slot 1 and Slot 2, point to Expected Port
Interface and choose the interface module from the drop-down list.
17. Click Next to open the Port Interface Settings page as below.
18. Click Next to continue the configuration.
Follow the procedures below to configure alarm on different tabs.
19. Click Alarm Configuration on the left navigation bar.
20. Click Master Reporting, and then reserve the default settings.
21. Click Reporting, and then set up the following attributes.
a.- Point to Administrative Status and choose administrative status from the drop-down
b.- (Optional) Type descriptions in Description column.
22. Click Configuration, and then set the network alarm notification strategies:
– a Under Alarm Configuration, configure the following parameters for each alarm:
› Probable Cause Qualifier
– b Under Alarm Persistency, type the ON Filter and OFF Filter values for each category.
Advanced ethernet configuration
› Local connection to SP110 & 310
› Connect USB cable to ML SP110 USB interface.
› Use Mini-link Craft 2.20 (or higher) with the parameters:
› IP: 10.0.0.1
› user: admin
› password: admin
Setup time settings
Verify the Real Time Clock
Click device in the Management Tree,
Click System Time Settings in the related tasks.
The System Time Settings page is displayed:
1) Configure switch mode as “customer bridge”, ethertype: 0x8100.
2) Open “VLAN Settings….” window and add VLANs: Press “ADD” button and add DCN VLAN and traffic VLAN/s.
3) Configure an IP address on SP110 node in order to manage it remotely.
Select “management VLAN” and insert the right values for IP address, Node name and subnet mask.
Insert the number (ID) selected for DCN-LAN in the “Management VLAN ID” field.
Configure slot:1 and LAN
4) Configure LAN modules: click on “slot X: module: X” to configure LAN interface modules and enable alarms.
Configure “Expected Mode” field and set “Alarm Reporting” to enabled.
5) Enable LAN interfaces: Refresh “slot 1: module” at the left side of the window to see LAN interfaces
on that module.
Click on LAN interface which will be used to configure it.
Repeat on each LAN interface that will be used.
Add LAN to VLAN
6) Add LAN interfaces to VLANs: Go back to “VLAN Settings…” window and attach LAN ports to VLANs as needed.
First mark the VLAN at the upper side of the window and then include LAN port in that VLAN using the lower part of the window.
OAM interface alarms in SP110 & 310
Open “Notification Configuration” menu and select “Alarm Configuration”.
The alarm associated to the OAM interface can be found as “managementportinterface”. Reduce severity to minor or warning.